Newbie question

Ok, this is really simple, so please be kind :) I have looked on assorted websites and none say actually how to DO this.

I have set up Mutt and Fetchmail-both seem to work just fine. Then I set up Postfix, and went to send myself an email to check that it is working properly.

Mutt sent me to a VIM editor - but I couldn't figure out how to SEND the thing, how to tell it that I was done editing, etc. I am sure there is a keyboard shortcut, but I can't find the thing. All the help pages say to do is to *save and send it*, but they don't say HOW to do that.

I happen to like Nano, not the least of which is because there is that nice list of shortcuts given at the bottom of the window. Would this show up in Mutt as well? How can I change my default editor to Nano?

I apprecate your help. Once I can figure this part out I will attack the folders issue :)

Catrin