Re: folder-hook does not work like expected

On 2005-03-04, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Gary,
>
> Am 2005-03-03 17:24:44, schrieb Gary Johnson:
>
> > Quote the command and don't start the command with ':' or
> > '<shell-escape>':
>
> >     folder-hook     ML_debian       'source ~/.mutt/security.pgp.debian'
>
> This is what I have already tried...
>     ...but 'mutt' tell me always ":source: Unknown command."

Michelle,

Hmmm.  I did some experimenting and verified that that hook works
for me.  I also tried executing some invalid commands and noticed
that the error message does not normally begin with ":" unless the
invalid command began with ":".  For example, type

    :sett timeout=100

and the message is

    sett: unknown command

but type

    ::set timeout=100

and the message is

    :set: unknown command

So my guess is that your folder-hook is actually correct but that
~/.mutt/security.pgp.debian contains a ":source" command instead of
just "source".

The only other explanation I have is that it could be a bug in your
version of mutt, 1.5.6+20040907i.  I'm using 1.5.5.1i.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division