folder hook: <limit> does not work

Hello,

I've just switched from kmail to mutt [0] after a few years of good
service.  But I've ran into details that kept annoying me, so I decided
to make the jump.

Anyway, I've made some configuration to my mutt through muttrc, and I
have a problem with a folder hook.

The background:
- my procmail rules feed every mail to spamassassin.
- if the mail is autolearned as spam, it's put in my ~/mail/spam.spam
  folder - which is a maildir folder.
- "regular" spam (ie, spam that is not autolearnt) is put in my
  ~/mail/spam.check folder.

I keep the =spam.spam folder in order to retrain my bayesian filter if
it gets borked. This folder contains about 5000 mails. Thus, I just want
to change the "New" status of new mails in my =spam.spam folder.

Therefore, I've set up the following hooks in my muttrc:

  folder-hook =spam.spam  push "<limit>~N|~O<enter><last-entry>"
  folder-hook .           push "<limit>~A<enter><last-entry>"

But this does not seem to work. What am I doing wrong?
Launching this command after hitting ":" in this folder achieves the
wanted result, so can you help me please?

I'm running Mutt 1.5.5.1i on a Mandrake 10 system.

Thanx in advance,
Jerome

[0] I've written a perl script to migrate ~/.Mail folder used by kmail
to ~/mail with maildirs folders. Ask if you're interested.
--
jquelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx