Re: Marking moved messages as read?

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 06:41:08AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Niklas Morberg <niklas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [07-09-04 02:28]:
> >
> > Thanks, it works! But it is somewhat cumbersome. Now I need to:
> >
> > read messages
> > sync-mailbox
> > mark which ones to move
> > sync-mailbox
>
> RTFM, para 6.3.112

My version of the manual says:

6.3.112.  mime_forward_decode

and I honestly don't know how it relates to the problem I describe. But
I'll play along and take (yet another) look in the manual. Hang on...
[Looking at sections around 112... Nope, nothing jumps out as obvious.]

Sorry, I don't get it. Thanks for trying to help me, though. That was
kind of you.

> > It would have been nicer to just move messages when I'm done reading
> > them without syncing first.
> >
> > Also, sent messages stored in my $record are unread. I would like to
> > have them marked read instead. Is this possible?
>
> What format are you using?  I use mbox and once I have read a message,
> it is read where-ever I put it and $record messages are never new.

I'm using IMAP, which probably has something to do with the strange
behaviour I'm seeing.

Niklas