Re: Thread colors

* It was Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 09:12:02AM -0400 when mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> My version of mutt is the standard Gentoo version, built against
> Slang.  Is there something about this Slang version that keeps me from
> being able to determine the color of the thread tree?

I'm not sure about this. I cannot change the thread colour either.

> Every other interface element seems to take color attributes properly,
> but the thread tree takes on the color of the line of text that it
> occupies.  (This means that if I set a certain pattern to a different
> color in the index, the thread tree changes color for that line, too.)
>
> If, in fact, this shortcoming is caused by using Slang, are there
> Gentoo users who know a way to get mutt built against curses while
> still having the thing controlled by portage?

I'm not sure if it is caused by slang. You can give it a shot without
slang by typing:

    # USE="-slang" emerge -av mutt

Of course, the proper way to do this so future upgrades also build with
curses you should:

    # echo "mail-client/mutt -slang" >> /etc/portage/package.use
    # emerge -av mutt

Let me know if it works, I may switch to curses too if it does.

--
Sami Samhuri