Re: Mutt & esmtp not working together

On 01/07/04 22.01, Ross A. Beyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote in with this problem a few months ago, and I still can't
> figure out what the problem is.  I can't seem to get Mutt to run
> esmtp correctly.
>
> I have
>
>       set envelope_from=yes
>       set from="rbeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
>       set sendmail="/usr/local/bin/esmtp"
>
> in my .muttrc, but when I try to send an e-mail, Mutt just eternally
> displays its "Sending message..." message, and nothing gets sent.
>
> However, if I run mutt, postpone the message, and then do the
> following from the command line:
>
> /usr/local/bin/esmtp -f rbeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- recipient@xxxxxxxxxx <
> postponed

Just a quick suggestion, try:
  set sendmail="/usr/local/bin/esmtp -f rbeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- "
  unset envelope_from

I seem to recall that mutt expects to just add recipients to the
sendmail command, so esmtp might get unexpected arguments.

If that does not help, try to replace esmtp with a wrapper script,
that saves arguments, stdin, and any output from esmtp to files.

/dossen