Re: Editing headers of saved messages

On 2004-06-25 16:00:57 -0400, James P. Howard, II wrote:
> Having recently played with Gmail, I have decided that the ability
> to apply multiple labels to a message is superior to maintaining
> hierarchical collection of folders where each message belongs to
> only one label.

I've been doing the same thing for several months.

> With that in mind, a few days ago I started playing with Mutt and
> have customized it and rather like it.  Now, I'd like to have the
> ability to add one or more labels to messages.  It occurs to me the
> best way to do this is to add a custom header to messages that
> stores a list of labels separated by commas for instance,

I've chosen X-Label so that I can use ~y in patterns, and my labels
are space-separated. I've created the following two macros:

macro index a ":set pipe_split=yes\CM|$HOME/scripts/addlabels "
macro index y "<limit>~y\"( |\\\\\\\`)(

100% validated (X)HTML - Acorn / RISC OS / ARM, free software, YP17,
Championnat International des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, etc.