Re: fix quoting

Quoting Eduardo Gargiulo (ejg-mutt@xxxxxxxxxx):
> Hi all
>
> When I reply messages from mutt, the character inserted in quoted text
> (">") appear joined with the text, I mean witout a blank space between
> the character ">" and the first character of the text. I would like to
> configure mutt to add that space, is it possible? How could I set it
> up?

You need something like:
indent_str="> "
In your .muttrc.

> Another issue I would like to fix, is that when I hit 'gqpi' to fix
> quoting, the right margin of the quoted text is aprox 6 or 7
> characters long. How could I configure mutt to handle this margin?

If you mean that the line is formatted to be too short, then you need to
'set textwidth=x' in vim so that it is the same width as your terminal.
AFAIK, the default terminal width is 80 chars, and the default textwidth
in vim is 72 chars, so 'set textwidth=80' would do the trick.

Cheers,

matt

--
Matt Foster