Folder navigation question

I am reading mail in a maildir#1 but have another maildir #2 nested under it.
How do I navigate from maildir #1 to maildir#2 to read mail?

The structure looks like this:

maildir#1
     cur
     new                reading mail here
     tmp
     maildir#2  maildir#2 is at the same level as maildir#2 cur, new and tmp
        cur
        new     want to read mail here
        tmp

I don't want to use c and state the full path to the maildir #2.
A relative path could work very nicely in a hotkey.

I've tried various combinations that do not seem to work:
        c ../maildir#2              c ../maildir#2/new    c ../../maildir#2
  c ../../maildir#2/new

Is there some kind of macro I could make?

Larry Alkoff

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX