Re: Using mutt with remote IMAP and local mailboxes

Hi Chris,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 10:19:36 +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> How is it easy?  If I can't 'navigate' by going up and down
> directories from one mailbox to the other it doesn't strike me as
> particularly easy.  Having to type in the destination (or source)
> directory is what I want to avoid.
>
> I.e. I am viewing some mail in (say) a remote IMAP mailbox, I decide I
> want to copy some items from the remote mailbox to a local one.  I tag
> the messages, how do I then save them locally?  Do I have to enter the
> full local mailbox name?  (What I would really like is to be able to
> use the remote name as the local name, see the other thread recently)

saving tagged remote messages locally is done just like saving tagged
local messages locally or saving tagged local messages remotely. Just
press "s" and enter =foldername to saving locally or
imaps://login@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ for saving remotely. The common mailbox
shortcuts !, <, > work if you have set the appropriate variables.

Best regards

Jens