Starting to run Mutt

I'm just getting on changing from PMMail on Windows to Mutt on Slackware Linux
and could use a little advice along the way.

Only fetchmail and procmail are running, not sendmail because it doesn't do
maildir format.
Right now fetchmail is set to KEEP so all messages are still intact on my
Windows program which I am replacing

The user is lba and mail is going into /var/spool/mail/lba

I beleive Mutt is getting the mail from /var/spool/mail/lba
and I can read the messages in Mutt.

I will be using maildir not mbox format and want to move these messages into
~/Mail/Inbox to test it out.
Later I would want to move the messages into ~/Mail/account1/Inbox and
~/Mail/account2/Inbox.

Right now there are no messages in either ~/Mail/lba/Inbox or ~/Mail/lba/Spam
which are the only maildir foldes I have set up as yet.
I think there is a pemission issue before the folders are recognized by Mutt as
valid maildir folders but I don't know the magic setting.

My understanding is procmail should move the messages from /var/spool/mail/lba
into the various maildir folders.
But I'm not sure what to tell it.
~/.procmailrc is from LinuxBrit with no changes as yet.  I would like to start
with a really basic one and build from there.
~/.muttrc is using mostly a few colorization lines and key settings and is
still pretty primitive.

I hope this is enough information to get some advice and push the project
further.

Larry Alkoff

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX