Re: optional sleep before marking a message as "read" ?

so spake Laas Toom [2004.05.06 @ 03:22]:

> Despite you can see few lines of index in pager view, you actually can not
> navigate in the indes (have you noticed, that while in index, you can
> navigate using arrow-keys, but in pager view the 'n' and 'p' are the keys to
> get to next item. This means that being in pager view is considered reading
> the message thus marking the message read.

(fix text width please)
not true.  on my terminal in pager view, left and right arrows go to
previous and next message, respectively.  with pager_index_lines set,
this can more or less emulate the index-preview design of other MUA's
like Outlook.  as such, it is entirely possible to fall into the trap of
thinking the pager /w index lines is actually an index with a preview.
doing so, of course, causes one to think that a mark_read_threshold
variable (or something) would be useful.

at any rate, i think Laas is correct in that mutt is behaving as
designed, but i don't think it's such a horrible idea to put a feature
like this in.  no one has to use it, and those who would use it, will
probably appreciate it.

peace out,
--
//  ste\/e || 0x44288D05 //