Re: Exchange Server/MAPI and mutt -- any progress?

Hi,

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 10:34:45AM -0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
> It's been about a year since the issue of connecting to an MS Exchange
> server with MAPI was last discussed on this list:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mutt-users&m=105208389426250&w=2
>
> At the time, there was apparently no way to connect with mutt unless the
> server supported IMAP.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows of any progress on this issue. I am stuck
> with MS Exchange at work and would love to use something other than the
> terrible Exchange webmail interface.  I know about Evolution Connector,
> but I'm not all that crazy about Evolution either.
>
> Thanks for any tips or URLs...

I was convinced that about 2 or 3 years ago a program came up on one of
the mutt lists that provided basic inbox downloading. I think it used
wine and some DLLs to do the dirty work, but I really can't find it now.
Irritatingly I kept the email for about 18 months in case I started work
at some exchange shop and then deleted it. Freshmeat turns up a couple
of webmail scrapers which might work for your purposes if you only want
to get the data off the exchange server.

Regards,

Luke