Re: reverse order

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 11:04:38AM +0200, René Clerc wrote:
> * Malte Neumann <neumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-05-2004 09:18]:
>
> > 1.
> > I use 'set pager_index_lines=10' and while in this split screen the
> > tag-prefix ';' is not bound.  How can I create a mapping for this to
> > work.
> >
> > bind pager ";" tag-prefix
> >
> > does not work.  Why?
>
> Although some pager_index_lines are shown, you are in the pager.  In the
> pager, no <tag-prefix> is known (verify while pressing '?' in the
> pager).  A way to accomplish your wanted functionality could be
> assigning a macro to ';' in the pager, which does <exit><tag-prefix>.

Thanks a lot for this advice.  It works as expected.

> > 2.
> > For most mailboxes I use 'reverse-thread/date' ordering.  After deleting
> > or tagging or etc. a message in the index the cursor jumps to the next
> > message below.  But for reverse ordering the 'next' message would be the
> > one above.
> > Is it possible to change this?
>
> Don't know for sure.  I read from top to bottom..  ;)
>
> HTH,
                              Malte Neumann
Institut fuer Baustatik / Institute of Structural Mechanics
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ekkehard Ramm
Universitaet Stuttgart / University of Stuttgart

Pfaffenwaldring 7, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany

mailto:neumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            phone: ++49-711-685-6121
http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/ibs/members/neumann/  fax:   ++49-711-685-6130