Re: SunOS -- macro does not work

so spake Hendrik Mangels [2004.04.14 @ 08:33]:
> Hi,
>
> on SunOS 5.9 this macro seems not to work:
>
> macro index <f1> <change-folder>"=foobar"<enter>
>
> On a Linux box everthing works just fine, but using a different
> OS leads to something like "key not bound..."
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Hendrik

1. are you using the same version of mutt on both machines?

2. does it work if you use a different function key, like <f8>?

3. <f1> is usually defined by the keysym XK_F1 which (usually) points to
keycode 0xFFBE.  this is the same on my Sun 5.9 machine here.  perhaps
your sun box isn't mapping <f1> to the same key that mutt expects.  try
messing around with xmodmap to see if it's not being snagged by some
other 'user friendly' setting that automatically snags f1 for its own
help.  on gnome systems, the window manager will routinely snag f1 before
it can get to the terminal application.

4. lastly, browsing through the 1.4.2 keymap.c, i found the following:

  #ifdef KEY_ENTER
     { "<Enter>",  KEY_ENTER },
  #endif

perhaps KEY_ENTER isn't defined so mutt doesn't know about '<Enter>'...

just some thoughts

--
//  ste\/e || 0x44288D05 //