Re: Inserting custom line into header depending on newsgroup name pattern.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 03:32:19PM +0300, Andriy N. Gritsenko wrote:
>     Hi, Ren? Clerc!

> Sometime (on Wednesday, April 14 at 15:20) I've received something...
> >* Igor Karpov <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [14-04-2004 14:16]:

> >> I need to insert custom line when I'm _posting_ to newsgroup, which
> >> name matches some pattern and not to insert if it doesn't...

> >send-hook "news.group" "my_hdr X-Blablabla: blablabla"

>     Simple pattern for send-hook is recipient address. Newsgroup isn't
> address so right pattern must be "~hNewsgroups:.*news.group" instead of
> just "news.group". :)

Looks exactly the what I mean, thanks.

>     Also don't forget to add send-hook . "unmy_hdr X-Blablabla" before
> send-hook for newsgroup.

Do you mean the line once inserted (header modified) will stay in
headers during all subsequent postings, until unmy_hdr?

It's pretty ugly, isn't it? It would be much better to have something like
"fire and forget" - ad hoc header modification, with no need for
multiple unmy_hdr...

--
                  When in doubt, use more thermite.