Re: alias failures

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 11:25:54AM -0700, David Bear wrote:
> I have my muttaddresses.txt set and have many entries in it.
>
> I can use 'a' to add and aliases.  It works.
>
> However, when trying to use and alias, ie typing the alias of an
> address in a to: field when composing a message the alias fails to
> work. In other words, the short name does not expand to the full
> address.
>
> The really strange thing with this as that new aliases, that have been
> added in the last couple of days work. Old entries do not. I've open
> the file in an editor, both vi and emacs and can see not strange
> characters to indicate file corruption.
>
> Any other idea's.
>
>  and yes, I do have set alias_file=~/muttaddresses.txt in .muttrc

Do you have a line in your .muttrc like:

source ~/muttaddresses.txt

The alias_file setting only tells mutt where to save new addresses.  You
have to also tell it to load the list of addresses when you run mutt.

--
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
(Against stupidity, even the Gods struggle in vain.)