problem using folder hooks and a default inbox

I have been searching the archives on this problem and reading
the docs and I'm still stuck on how to handle what I think
should be easy to solve:

Imagine 3 POP accounts A, B, and C.

I have various folders and some folder hooks which are working
fine. They set a my_hdr From correctly when replying from the
folders.

I also have an Inbox which catches mail from the various
accounts that doesn't match any filter criteria. (Mail can
be in this inbox from any of the A, B, or C accounts).

I have a default set from="<my default account>"  in my .muttrc.

I also have set reverse_name in my .muttrc.

The problem is, if I go to a folder that has a folder hook set
on it and then leave that folder and go to my Inbox, it changes
the From address for my Inbox as well such that if I now start a
new mail message it no longer uses the default from address and
uses the folder hook from the folder that I was last in. I then
thought I could just create a default folder hook for my inbox,
but that messes the reverse_name that I need when I want to
reply to messages in my inbox that are from different accounts.

How do I solve this problem? The message-hook doesn't really
help either (from my limited understanding of it) because I then
actually need to make sure I'm viewing a default account message
in my inbox in order to create a new mail message with the
default e-mail address.

I'm not sure why I'm having such trouble with this since I would
think this would be a common situation? It seems to make sense
to have a basic Inbox in which you could generate new mail
messages from with a default email address can be used, but at
the same tiem if you reply to a message (reverse_name) it'll use
the correct account. This actually does seem to work fine until
I visit anothe folder with a folder hook on it that sets teh
from address:(

Thanks so much for some help with this.

--
Rick