Re: Does anyone know of a mailbox merging utility?

* Chris Green <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-01-27 16:41 +0000]:
> I want to merge two mailbox files in the sense
> of adding them together and then deleting all duplicate messages.

As mentioned, you can combine the mboxes by appending one to the other.
For the duplicates, mutt can handle these with, I think, the edit_threads
patch.  (Or perhaps it's in the core functionality now?)  Messages with
duplicate Message-Id: headers are displayed threaded, with an equals sign:

  Message foo
  `=>

You can match them with the ~= pattern, so deleting them all is as simple
as '<delete-pattern>~=<enter>'.

--- --
490 B.C.: Greek city-states unite to defeat the Persians. ESR triumphantly
          proclaims that the Greeks "get it".
                       -- The history of the world, according to Yu Suzuki