Re: urlview and opera error

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 06:55:09PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> try COMMAND opera -newpage %s &

This one gave me the same "Opera instance already activated" or whatever
that error was. Did not open.

> or  COMMAND opera openURL(%s, new-page) &

And this one gave this output:

  Executing: opera
  openURL('http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/health/2751809/detail.html
  ', new-page) &...
  sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('
  sh: -c: line 1: `opera
  openURL('http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/health/2751809/detail.html'
  Press any key to continue...

The link is just an embedded link I have in an e-mail in my inbucket.
Nothing specific or special, just a test link.

Thanks for the help. I have urlview to open Netscape for my links from
Mutt, instead of Opera (what I browse with, and what is open more often
than not). If I use Netscape for Mutt links, then I'll close it out
everytime I use it and avoid this problem. But, like everything else
like this, it's gonna bug me until I figure it.

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux
Curridabat, San Jose, Costa Rica