Re: Updated SpamCop FAQ for mutt (was Re: send-hook problem with spamcop)

* David D. Kilzer <ddkilzer@xxxxxxxxxx> [01-10-04 11:01]:

> I've just updated an entry for the SpamCop FAQ about forwarding spam
> from Mutt.
>
>   http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/201.html
>
> Note that the macros are so long that they were wrapped by the admin
> who updates the FAQ and will need to be rejoined for your .muttrc file.
>
> BTW, if I'm doing something particularly dumb in the defined macros,
> please let me know.

I don't think _dumb_, but I believe somewhat involved...

I have a macro for index/pager that pipes the entire email to the perl
script provided by SpamCop which I edited to include my return address
and my SpamCop id-number.  I also cc uce@xxxxxxx and save the spam to a
local mail-file (and it is getting tooooo large).

My macros:
macro index ,s  ":unset wait_key\n|~/bin/sendspam\ns+Spam\n:unset wait_key\n"
"Deal with Spam"
macro pager ,s  ":unset wait_key\n|~/bin/sendspam\ns+Spam\n:unset wait_key\n"
"Deal with Spam"

sendspam is the perl script from SpamCop
+Spam is my local mail-file repository
"Deal with Spam" is a lable for the mutt help-display

You are welcome to include this in the SpamCop FAQ, if you wish.  The
macro is copyrite by me and released into the public domain.