Re: OT: learning curve (was: a little comparison of procmail and maildrop)

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 06:29:31PM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> My take on the whole subject is that one shouldn't complain that others
> are using something in a wrong way unless he's willing to do enough
> research to get to the bottom of the whole thing.  Simply pointing to
> an earlier use which differs from the common one is not enough, as we
> now clearly see.

If I remember correctly, the "complaint" went something like this:

Allister wrote:
> René wrote:
> > Allister wrote:
> > > ... make the learning curve lower.
> > I think you mean "steeper".  <cite url>
> Yes.  Yes, I think I do. <bla bla bla>

Funny, how that turned into such an enormous thread.  I may have to
start using 135-column terminals, or narrower thread indentations. :^)

Bien amusé,
 Allister

--
Allister MacLeod <amacleod@xxxxxxxx>