Re: strange error in mutt

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 04:51:16PM +0000, Payal Rathod wrote:
> > > Can I do something about it without bothering the admin and still the
> > > colours?

If you have enough space, you could compile and install it under your
home directory.

> $ mutt -v
> -HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET

It seems exceeding strange for HAVE_COLOR to be unset, but
HAVE_START_COLOR to be set.  If I remember correctly, the configure
script should set HAVE_COLOR according to the existence of a
start_color function in curses.  Perhaps your sysadmin (or the package
maintainer for your sysadmin's OS distribution) explicitly disabled
color.

Aloha,
 Allister

--