set view order in mutt -y

hi folks, simple question:

I love the mailboxes feature in mutt, so usually start up with mutt -y.
However, I have a number of mailboxes and prefer to view the list of
mailbox names in date order, rather than alpha by by name, which seems
to be the default.  obviously I can do this easily once mutt has
started up, with o - d, but I'd like to just have mutt use date order
as the default in the mailboxes view.  Is there a way to do this
without affecting the default sort order in the index view?

thanks as always,

matt