v1.4i: default mbox / new mail notification

I want to get all my mails delivered to ~/Mail/inbox and also filtered
to various lists/. folders. I'm using procmail to do this.

How do I get mutt to open by default into my inbox, rather than my
empty spoolfile?

Also, how do I get mutt to tell me what I have new mails in various
folders when I start up?

e.g. new mail in inbox, lists/mutt-users.

I checked the manual, but the only thing I found was DSN, and status
flags and other such. Did I miss something? Can someone point me to
something that'll help?

Thanks a ton!

Shobhan