Re: Collapse all threads except the one you are on

* David Fishburn <fishburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-10-24 14:37 -0400]:

>> > I would like to have all threads collapsed.
>> > But when I jump to the next unread (Tab) I want Mutt to
>> automatically
>> > uncollapse that thread.
>> set collapse_unread
>> set uncollapse_jump
>> set sort=threads
>> folder-hook . 'push <collapse-all><collapse-thread>'
>> macro index <tab>
>> "<collapse-thread><previous-entry><next-unread><collapse-thread>"
>
> Joshua, Allister, thank you for your help.

No trouble.

> This is working very well for me.
>
> I used:
> macro index <tab>
> "<collapse-thread><next-unread><collapse-thread>"
>
> The <previous-entry> doesn't work as expected.

It worked the way I expected, which is to stay in the same thread if there
are more new messages there, except if it's the first thread (since there is
no previous-entry there).

> Joshua, you also asked my follow on question about folder-hook.

You can read my mind can you? I only posted an answer, not a question :)

Actually, you said "I would like to have all threads collapsed." and AFAIK
the only way to do that is with a folder-hook.

> Push was the answer.

An answer. You could also use exec, but this way there's one push, where
there'd be two execs.

>> > Question 2:
>> > I added a very simple colouring for index:
>> > color index brightwhite black '~N'
>> > color index brightwhite yellow '~U'
>
> I haven't tried this yet.
> Do these patches make it into released code, or are they just add ons?

If a patch is stable and used by enough people the developers might include
it.
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn

Have it OUR way. Yours is IRRELEVANT. At BORGerKing.