Re: send-hook based on what alternate was used

* Sep 04 09:28 Andrei A. Voropaev <avorop@xxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 10:55:12PM +0200, Johan Svedberg wrote:
> [...]
> > I was wondering if someone can come up with a solution to a small
> > problem of mine. What I'm looking for is a way to use send-hook's based
> > on what From-header (i.e. which one of my $alternates) I happend use.
> > Can this even be done?
>
> manual says "the send-hook's are only executed ONCE after getting the initial
> list of recipients." Which means that if your From header is set at that
> moment then you can match it using ~f. If you set it using the same send-hook
> then probably  this would work.
>
> send-hook special 'set my_hdr From: my@alternative'
> send-hook '~f my@alternative' onecommand
> send-hook '~f my@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' anothercommand

Ah, yes, I should be able to use ~f. However, when trying this approach
I ran into another problem. Earlier I used these send-hook's:

send-hook       .               "unmy_hdr From: Johan Svedberg
<johan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
send-hook       .               'my_hdr Message-ID: <`date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%
S"`.GA`(id; echo $$; date) | openssl md5 | cut -c 1-5`.johan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>'
send-hook       @cs.umu.se      "my_hdr From: Johan Svedberg
<dv03jsg@xxxxxxxxx>"
send-hook       @cs.umu.se      'my_hdr Message-ID: <`date #
+"%Y%m%d%H%M%S"`.GA `(id; echo $$; date) | openssl md5 | cut -c
1-5`.dv03jsg@xxxxxxxxx>'

Which worked great. However they would be greatly improved if I can get
them to work on my From-header which sets automagically. So I tried
this:

send-hook       "~f dv03jsg@xxxxxxxxx"          'my_hdr Message-ID: <`date #
+"%Y%m%d%H%M%S"`.GA `(id; echo $$; date) | openssl md5 | cut -c
1-5`.dv03jsg@xxxxxxxxx>'

Although now I get the problem that the default (.) Message-ID is used
even when i have dv03jsg@xxxxxxxxx in my From-header. What am I missing?

--
Johan Svedberg, johan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://johan.svedberg.pp.se/