Re: allow initial blank lines in local mailboxes

On 13Oct2010 18:44, David Champion <dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| * On 13 Oct 2010, Cameron Simpson wrote:
| > [...] procmail does something strange for me. When I break my
| > mail filing rules the email all flows through to my $MAIL spool file,
| > which of course should be in mbox format. But it imoted the From_ line!
| > Exteremely annoying and damaging.
| >
| > Does anyone know what might make procmail do this?
|
| I don't, but it was while diagnosing a similar situation in IRC today
| that I recalled this patch.  The user was using procmail with a
| reasonable rule for filing to an mbox folder, and apparently it omitted
| the From_s for him as well.
|
| I don't have this problem myself but I'm using what is probably a
| pristine procmail 3.22 build (2001).  I wonder whether either of you is
| using an "enhanced" packager release.

I'm using Gentoo's 3.22-r10 release, so I guess I need to find out what
patches that -r10 implies...

Thanks,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

It's bubble, bubble, toil and trouble in conductive polymer.
- overhead by WIRED at the Intelligent Printing conference Oct2006