Re: allow initial blank lines in local mailboxes

* On 13 Oct 2010, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> Does it let mutt read the folder as well? I imagine so or you'd not have
> found it useful, but...

Mutt already can read the folder actually, it just can't detect what
mailbox format it should parse as.  So this patch only modifies the
magic detector.

> On the topic of bad mbox files, my broken script mentioned above was
> written because procmail does something strange for me. When I break my
> mail filing rules the email all flows through to my $MAIL spool file,
> which of course should be in mbox format. But it imoted the From_ line!
> Exteremely annoying and damaging.
>
> Does anyone know what might make procmail do this?

I don't, but it was while diagnosing a similar situation in IRC today
that I recalled this patch.  The user was using procmail with a
reasonable rule for filing to an mbox folder, and apparently it omitted
the From_s for him as well.

I don't have this problem myself but I'm using what is probably a
pristine procmail 3.22 build (2001).  I wonder whether either of you is
using an "enhanced" packager release.

--
David Champion  *  dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx  *  IT Services  *  University of Chicago