Re: bkgdtest: a test for the extra spaces at the end of lines

On 2010-08-11 06:57:43 -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>
> >On 2010-08-11 12:43:46 +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> >>Michael Elkins lerted me to the fact that some of my xterm terminfo
> >>definitions didn't have bce, for all that the terminal emulator itself
> >>can do it :-(
> >
> >Mine has bce in its terminfo definition (according to infocmp).
>
> you did say that before (screen as well? - I don't recall).

Both the virtual terminal and the real terminal have bce in their
terminfo (this is confirmed by bkgdtest). Moreover my .screenrc
has "defbce on".

> screen is doing some of its own cursor-movement optimization, and will
> occasionally clear things differently from the application.

Actually, when changing the window, screen must do things differently
from the application since it must output the whole window to the
real terminal.

Also I've found that after changing the window, the problem disappears
after a Ctrl-L.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>