Re: bkgdtest: a test for the extra spaces at the end of lines

On 10Aug2010 10:14, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On 2010-08-10 18:00:20 +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
| > On 10Aug2010 02:25, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > | Note that screen has bce support (I'm using TERM=screen-bce), but
| > | I sometimes get spaces at the end of lines in it (at least when
| > | switching window). The problem seems to come from screen, though.
| > | I reported it here:
| > |
| > |   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=578729
| >
| > I can imagine it happening if the terminal _displaying_ the screen session
| > does not have bce...
|
| Yes, but I only use terminals with bce support. In this case, it
| was xterm.

Michael Elkins lerted me to the fact that some of my xterm terminfo
definitions didn't have bce, for all that the terminal emulator itself
can do it :-(

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The reason that God was able to create the world in seven days is that he
didn't have to worry about the installed base.  - Enzo Torresi