mutt+NNTP: new articles are threaded incorrectly

Hi,

I'm using mutt with the fabulous NNTP patch.

I'm seeing a minor but annoying issue: If a new article arrives while
reading a certain group (mostly happens if I write a follow-up), this
article often isn't threaded correctly in thread view. It is put at the
bottom of the thread with a "*>" (sometimes just as "->".

Refreshing the newsgroup does fix this if mutt allows me to refresh,
leaving and reentering also always helps. Actually, a manual refresh
often does nothing. Going to the newsgroup selection with 'i' and
reselecting the same group forces a leave and enter, which shows me new
messages.

My settings specific to this (as far as I can tell) are:
folder-hook "^news://"; "set sort=threads; set edit_headers=yes; set copy=yes;
set record='=posted.mutt'"
set sort_browser=alpha
set catchup_newsgroup=no
set news_cache_dir="~/.newsrc.cachedir"