Re: What about NNTP support? :)

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 00:38:04 +0300, Andriy N. Gritsenko wrote:
>     Dear author, let's merge NNTP support into Mutt at last!

I absolutely second this!

I have been using the NNTP patch for more than five years now, albeit
only for occasional company internal usenet, and minor other stuff. I
really hated tin after so many years, and I had gotten too old to learn
yet another similarly configurable tool such as slrn (though I believe
that is considered the Usenet companion to mutt).

Having NNTP support is really a pain every time I need to apply a
proprietary feature patch, because they always conflict in certain
places.

NNTP has never caused me any problems at all to mutt's mainline
functions, and NNTP support itself has been stable. I do have a bug or
two to file, but that's all.

Optional NNTP support into mutt, please! :-) (Feel free to mark the
feature "experimental".)

Moritz