Re: Help with mutt integration

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:42:27PM -0400, Paul Greenberg wrote:
> Please help integrate msfetch-send with mutt.
>
> right now I have .muttrc
> set sendmail="/path/to/esmtp -v -X /tmp/esmtp.log"
>
> but I want it to be
> set sendmail="/path/to/msfetch-send"
>
> Can you give me an idea of what needs to be done here?

You need to either create a new script, or make your current script
emulate the minimal sendmail interface that Mutt expects.  Mutt invokes
$sendmail with some optional arguments, followed by the recipients.

Example: $sendmail -B8BITMIME -f me@xxxxxxxxxxx -- mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx

What you probably need to do is discard all the arguments prior to the
two dashes.  If you don't care about BCC, you can probably just ignore
all the arguments and use the recipients listed in the header of the email
delivered to stdin.

me