Re: new mail handling status

Hi,

* Antonio Radici wrote:

> ok, so I probably come across a different issue and what is in hg is
> fixing it, now I have to find the right commit to backport =)

Just follow the daily logs sent to mutt-dev or subscribe to the rss feed
or use whatever else you prefer. There're actually two issues we want to
solve for 1.6, namely new mail reporting and new mail detection. The
wiki page accounts for both and (hopefully will be updated
regularily). For new mail reporting, there's a ticket:

  http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3310

which you can also follow. All commit messages regarding new mail
reporting will appear there, too.

If the bug report you talk about is Debian #534474, you can just close
it as invalid. The mailboxes sequence expands to two lines which is
fine, however, when you do it inside backticks, only the first line is
taken. This is so for ages and is documented (or at least as far as I
can remember). Changeset 776ef9dbe4d2 as bisected for the bug is the
right one as it allows escaping and continueing long lines with \ only
in those cases where we really want it. And we don't want it in general
for backtick expansion. The solution for that bug is either to not
use backticks and have the script generate a real file, or make source
script like 'foo.sh|'.

Rocco