[Mutt] #3309: allow *configurable* $stuff_all_quoted or similar option for quoting flowed text

#3309: allow *configurable* $stuff_all_quoted or similar option for quoting
flowed
text
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  william      |       Owner:  mutt-dev
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 See comments in #3001
 I would like to see an option to support quoting a message with the extra
 space, rather than just displaying it this way. There was an old patch
 (stuff_all_quoted) which did this, though I don't know if it will play
 nice with the new code for displaying / quoting flowed text.

 Currently, even if the body of a flowed message looks like this when
 viewing in the editor:

 {{{
 >> blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
 >
 > blargh asdfb basdfadsf

 here is some text
 }}}

 mutt will quote it like:
 {{{
 > >>blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
 > >
 > >blargh asdfb basdfadsf
 > >

 > here is some text
 }}}

 At least for the stuff that mutt can tell for sure *is* quoted material
 (based on the message being format-flowed and the quote markers being
 formatted properly), I think it makes sense to quote this more neatly and
 at least add a space to the outer edge, so that the previous example would
 become:
 {{{
 > >> blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
 > >
 > > blargh asdfb basdfadsf
 > >

 > here is some text
 }}}

 In my reading of 2346 (which may be flawed), I think that should be
 perfectly Ok, and that (assuming the flowed message is formatted
 correctly), it should be possible for mutt to know which text is quoted
 and which text isn't.

 I'll attach Gary's patch to this.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3309>