Re: mutt: 5 new changesets

On Friday, June 26 at 04:54 PM, quoth Rocco Rutte:
    A generating agent SHOULD:
1. Ensure all lines (fixed and flowed) are 79 characters or fewer in length, counting the trailing space but not counting the CRLF, unless a word by itself exceeds 79 characters.. 2. Trim spaces before user-inserted hard line breaks. 3. Space-stuff lines which start with a space, "From ", or ">".

As documented in the manual, mutt does #3 after the initial editing of a message, except space-stuffing before '>' because it can't separate quotes from '>' in text.

That's what I thought; mutt can't read my mind. :)

For #2, ACK.

Indeed!

For #1, mutt already does that when preparing a reply, though you can break that rule by changing the wrapping accordingly in the editor. I think the user is responsible for sending something sane out, I'm not convinced mutt should change a message without the user having a chance to intercept.

Well, that's certainly reasonable. What about instituting something similar to the existing format markers? Just as mutt indicates in the compose menu that the text attachment will be encoded as quoted-printable, how about a similar (toggle-able) marker to tell the user whether or not f=f will be used and/or enforced?

~Kyle
--
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.
                                                      -- Ronald Reagan