Re: [Mutt] #2995: Mutt is folding subject line folds using a tab,

#2995: Mutt is folding subject line folds using a tab, which appears to be
against
RFC 2822
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  frnkblk  |       Owner:  pdmef
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  started
 Component:  mutt     |     Version:  1.5.17
Resolution:           |    Keywords:  header folding white-space
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by pdmef):

 I updated the patch and added two new "features". First, it distincts
 between display and sending case: for display, it folds with tab and
 whatever we have for sending. Second, it determines whether trying to fold
 is necessary at all and only does so if it needs to. This means most of
 the time we print verbatim headers so that damage is less likely. This
 fixes #3135.

 I don't have any unit test yet but will do so shortly to proof the code
 works as the matter is quite complex.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2995#comment:31>
Mutt <http://www.mutt.org/>