Re: [patch] fix a few little buglets in mutt HEAD

On Wednesday, 10 December 2008 at 15:05, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:46:36AM +0100, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> > I think all 4 present committers decided against the signing into
> > covertity for NDA reasons,
> >
> what NDA? the only enforcable restriction is that you don't publish the
> scan results verbatim, but that's pretty much irrelevant, as the
> registered owner of the project you can approve access for any number of
> other involved people.

The text here: http://scan.coverity.com/policy.html

seems to have become less onerous in the last year, but clause 3 still
looks like it may be trouble. I do dabble in research that overlaps
with what coverity does, so I was unwilling to agree to that license.

> > I'm not sure what to do about the patches.
> >
> that's an utterly irrelevant consideration. even trolltech accepts
> patches resulting from coverity scans of kde, even though they refused
> to register themselves (as it wouldn't be free for obvious reasons).

agreed.