Re: Customize To: field

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 03:48:05PM -0500, David Haguenauer wrote:
> I was about to suggest making the To: change conditional on the value
> of a configuration variable, because reverse aliases may be used to
> reply to people who don't know how to spell their own name properly,
> and we may want to keep that kind of fix private.
>
> But then I noticed that the reverse-alias name is already being used
> in attribution lines, leaking the local alias to the recipient, so
> that adding it to the To header as well does not change the situation
> much.

Excellent observation.  I did consider that someone might want the display
name to be kept private, but I imagine that use is probably a distinct
minority--most of the time its to fix the sender's address for them since
they can't seem to be bothered.  The fact that we already leak this
information it a boost to the change.

me