Re: Customize To: field

* Michael Elkins <me@xxxxxxxxxxx>, 2008-11-17 21:46:02 Mon:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:32:52PM -0800, Brendan Cully wrote:
> > Seems fine. Does anyone object?
> I think this makes sense.  The user is already requesting that it be
> displaying this way in the index, so it should not be a problem to
> display it this way when replying.

I was about to suggest making the To: change conditional on the value
of a configuration variable, because reverse aliases may be used to
reply to people who don't know how to spell their own name properly,
and we may want to keep that kind of fix private.

But then I noticed that the reverse-alias name is already being used
in attribution lines, leaking the local alias to the recipient, so
that adding it to the To header as well does not change the situation
much.

So, unless someone else advocates in favor of an extra configuration
variable controlling this behavior, I guess I consider this change
acceptable.

--
David Haguenauer