Re: reply_regex bug on Linux?

* Wed Nov 12 2008 Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> worked fine until I added a particular term to the 'reply_regex'
> expression.  That term contained some non-ASCII characters that have
> appeared in place of "Re" in replies I've received from Outlook
> users in Beijing.  Apparently my Solaris mutt read those characters
> just as literal characters in the expression while my Linux mutt
> interprets them as something else--I don't know what.  I also don't
> know if the differing interpretation occurs in the regular
> expression engine or when mutt parses the line.
>
> The term I added, after "|aw", was
>
>    |\347\255.\345\244.

Compare your locale settings (e.g. LC_CTYPE, LC_ALL and LANG
environment variables and $charset) of your two systems, i.e.
Solaris and Linux(glibc).

mutt_which_case() in pattern.c forces case-sensitive regex
if mbrtowc() fails. I don't know what charset your term is in,
but the charset has to be the same as your $charset. Otherwise
your regex ("re:") doesn't match case-insensitively ("RE:").

--
tamo