Re: Help needed to configure w3m as my HTML viewer

* Moritz Barsnick on Thursday, August 07, 2008 at 20:04:46 +0200
> Let me capture this thread and ask a question: How can mutt tell w3m
> which charset to use? In the attached mailcap, I force ISO-8859-1, but
> that's just a hack. In true honesty, I get some ISO and some UTF-8
> coded HTML attachments. Assuming the attachment is correctly
> MIME-denoted in the header (which is mostly the case), how can I pass
> this on to w3m? Any ideas?

The mailcap %{charset} variable.

I use something I've stolen from one of the mutt lists, I
believe, but don't remember (also does a sort of assumed_charset
thing):

text/html ; w3m -F -dump -I cp1252 -T text/html ; test=test %{charset} =
us-ascii ; copiousoutput
text/html ; w3m -F -dump -I %{charset} -T text/html ; copiousoutput

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]

_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  -->>  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/