Help needed to configure w3m as my HTML viewer

Hi,

I've been using w3m to render HTML messages within my mutt window for
quite a while.  My HTML mailcap entries are as follows:

text/html;$HOME/bin/mutt_opera %s
text/html; w3m -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput

However, I've noticed that if I view an HTML file outside of mutt by
executing "w3m <filename>" within the same terminal type (mrxvt) that
the HTML file is rendered much better and the hyperlinks work.

Is there a configuration that will allow me to get the same type of w3m
rendering within mutt that I get outside of mutt?  Note that I only want
to change the auto_view rendering, and still use the 'mutt_opera' script
when I'm within the attachments view.

Thanks in advance.

--
Mun