Re: [Mutt] #1116: threading broken with odd Message-ID:

#1116: threading broken with odd Message-ID:

Comment (by pdmef):

 Looking at the code, I think the problem is this: when parsing References
 /In-Reply-To headers of messages referring to a Message-ID with spaces,
 all spaces are gone since mutt uses strtok(" \t;") to separate words in
 these headers.

 Of course, mutt could parse these by looking for '<' and '>' and possibly
 filter out bad characters in between... but given that spaces there aren't
 legal and it's a rather rare edge-case, I don't think it's really worth
 changing the parser.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/1116#comment:12>