Re: [Mutt] #1935: Threading breaks for Replies to mails with

#1935: Threading breaks for Replies to mails with "broken" Message-IDs

Changes (by pdmef):

  * milestone:  => 1.6

Comment:

 Attach patch accepting anything from References but being as strict as
 before for In-Reply-To. The code in mutt_parse_references() contains this
 comment:

 {{{
 /*
  * some mail clients add other garbage besides message-ids, so do a quick
  * check to make sure this looks like a valid message-id
  * some idiotic clients also break their message-ids between lines, deal
  * with that too (give up if it's more than two lines, though)
  */
 }}}

 so I'm not sure what the side-effects from this change are. I hope at
 worst mutt inserts marks for missing messages into the thread for garbage
 it accepts with this patch not being a message-id (but ignored before).
 That'd still be better than not threading messages at all having message-
 ids/references with 0 or more than 1 "@" symbol.

 This does correctly link some threads for me (even on mutt-users) after
 wiping hcache.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/1935#comment:3>