Re: [Mutt] #3090: Mutt removes In-Reply-To header field

#3090: Mutt removes In-Reply-To header field

Comment (by Aron Griffis):

 {{{
 Mutt wrote:  [Sun Jul 06 2008, 08:31:50AM EDT]
 > That would be a bad idea (I guess) because it significantly increases
 > memory use to eventually "only" fix these corner cases of totally broken
 > message-ids. Since the headers of the message are part of the header
 cache
 > that approach would also significantly increase cache file size on disk.

 pdmef, you might be right, but I had already prototyped it so
 here is my patch for reference.  Note that the header cache
 doesn't grow with my patch because only the strings are stored.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3090#comment:>