Re: [Mutt] #3069: smime crash when replying to mail

#3069: smime crash when replying to mail

Comment (by Rocco Rutte):

 {{{
 Hi,

 * Vladimir Marek wrote:
 >>  Hmm, the code changes smime_sign_message() so first we need to know
 why it
 >>  attempts to S/MIME sign the message at all. What are your pgp and
 s/mime
 >>  settings ("mutt -D | grep crypt" and remove any private data)?

 >========================= mutt -D | grep crypt =========================
 >crypt_use_gpgme is unset
 >crypt_use_pka is unset
 >crypt_autopgp is set
 >crypt_autosmime is set
 >crypt_autosign is set
 >crypt_autoencrypt is unset
 >crypt_replyencrypt is set
 >crypt_replysign is unset
 >crypt_replysignencrypted is unset
 >crypt_timestamp is set
 >crypt_verify_sig=yes
 >smime_decrypt_use_default_key is set
 >pgp_decrypt_command="mutt_gpg --passphrase-fd 0 --no-verbose --batch
 --output - %f"
 >pgp_encrypt_sign_command="pgpewrap mutt_gpg --passphrase-fd 0 --batch
 --quiet --no-verbose --textmode --output - --encrypt --sign %?a?-u %a?
 --armor --always-trust --encrypt-to 0xXXXXXXXX -- -r %r -- %f"
 >pgp_encrypt_only_command="pgpewrap mutt_gpg --batch --quiet --no-verbose
 --output - --encrypt --textmode --armor --always-trust --encrypt-to
 0xXXXXXXXX -- -r %r -- %f"
 >forward_decrypt is set
 >smime_encrypt_with=""
 >smime_decrypt_command=""
 >smime_encrypt_command=""

 >Does it make any sense to you ?

 Yes (partially) since this is what I've guessed (more or less).
 crypt_autosign is set. I didn't read the code but my guess is that mutt
 tries to S/MIME sign the message since the original one is S/MIME, too.

 To verify that this is the problem (which should be reproducable I
 think), you could try unsetting $crypt_autosign and re-trying. The crash
 should go away. Trying the other case (replying to PGP signed mail with
 only S/MIME setup and $crypt_autosign) might be interesting too.

 I'm not sure where to fix this since I didn't read the code. Maybe that
 function should really just fail since you also set $crypt_autosmime
 (unsetting it may also make the problem disappear)...

 Rocco
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3069#comment:>