Re: [Mutt] #3069: smime crash when replying to mail

Hi,

* Vladimir Marek wrote:
 Hmm, the code changes smime_sign_message() so first we need to know why it
 attempts to S/MIME sign the message at all. What are your pgp and s/mime
 settings ("mutt -D | grep crypt" and remove any private data)?

========================= mutt -D | grep crypt =========================
crypt_use_gpgme is unset
crypt_use_pka is unset
crypt_autopgp is set
crypt_autosmime is set
crypt_autosign is set
crypt_autoencrypt is unset
crypt_replyencrypt is set
crypt_replysign is unset
crypt_replysignencrypted is unset
crypt_timestamp is set
crypt_verify_sig=yes
smime_decrypt_use_default_key is set
pgp_decrypt_command="mutt_gpg --passphrase-fd 0 --no-verbose --batch --output -
%f"
pgp_encrypt_sign_command="pgpewrap mutt_gpg --passphrase-fd 0 --batch --quiet
--no-verbose --textmode --output - --encrypt --sign %?a?-u %a? --armor --always-trust
--encrypt-to 0xXXXXXXXX -- -r %r -- %f"
pgp_encrypt_only_command="pgpewrap mutt_gpg --batch --quiet --no-verbose --output -
--encrypt --textmode --armor --always-trust --encrypt-to 0xXXXXXXXX -- -r %r -- %f"
forward_decrypt is set
smime_encrypt_with=""
smime_decrypt_command=""
smime_encrypt_command=""

Does it make any sense to you ?

Yes (partially) since this is what I've guessed (more or less). crypt_autosign is set. I didn't read the code but my guess is that mutt tries to S/MIME sign the message since the original one is S/MIME, too.

To verify that this is the problem (which should be reproducable I think), you could try unsetting $crypt_autosign and re-trying. The crash should go away. Trying the other case (replying to PGP signed mail with only S/MIME setup and $crypt_autosign) might be interesting too.

I'm not sure where to fix this since I didn't read the code. Maybe that function should really just fail since you also set $crypt_autosmime (unsetting it may also make the problem disappear)...

Rocco