Re: wildcard in doc/Makefile.{am,in} causes problems when hacking

Hi,

* N.J. Mann wrote:

Automake is one of those things that has passed me by over the years, so
trying to "fix" this problem has not been fun.  The attached changes do
work (for me at least), but they really need an automake expert to look
over and correct. :-)

Another approach that could solve this problem and help in many other (different) situations, too: use version control.

Mutt is developed using mercurial which is a distributed SCM. This means that during hacking you can commit your changes, branch out and merge, just everything mercurial supports. It would be quite hard to implement such a workflow with keeping .orig files around... :)

Rocco